
I lost this whole project when After Effects crashed. Hopefully that will teach me a lesson in the future. This is a JPEG from the project I started last week. I generally only have time to do this on Wednesdays, so I'm more than a little miffed at myself for such an amateur oversight like not saving frequently.
Anyway, I made a better planet texture, with crater like images. I added a solid texture that I scaled to cover the planet, then reduced the opacity and added fractal noise. It was starting to look like an atmosphere. Still needs more detail but I'm getting there. I also mocked up the space ship flying at the station and tried to motion track a thin trail of smoke to approximate ebgines firing. That needs lot of work. Sigh...next Wednesday :(
BTW that's a cutout of the ISS Space Station found via google. The planet is a solid orange layer with fractal noise and a glow effect. Single photoshop layers with alpha channels.
No comments:
Post a Comment